Library of Publications for Everyone
Library of Publications for Educators
Critical Thinking Academy
learn critical thinking in your own time
Reading and Writing Alcove
Wheel of Reason
Triangle of Thinking, Feelings, and Desires
Wall of Barriers
Critical Thinking Cafe
Book Studies with Members
Blog with Dr. Linda Elder and Dr. Gerald Nosich
Already Have an Account? Sign In
Back to Wall of Barriers ◀
Analyze a Self-Centered Person You Know Well
Think of a self-centered person you know. This may be someone who is fundamentally selfish or arrogant.
Complete these statements:
1. Describe the person's behavior in detail.
2. Based on the person’s behavior, I would describe his/her thinking in the following ways...
3. This person displays the following types of feelings...
4. This person is motivated to....
5. This person does/does not use other people to get what he/she wants. To elaborate...
6. This person does/does not exhibit sincere concern for the thoughts and feelings of others. To elaborate...
Next Activity: Identify Your Irrational Purposes ►